dimanche 2 octobre 2011

Kurdistan compared to other middle east countries.


let's speack about Iraki Kurdistan. I let for the moment Lebanon, Syria and Turkey #2...

In the Iranian Consulate in Trabzon (Turkey), where I was to make my Visa, I met David and we decided to travel together in Kurdistan.
First a little immersion in Turkish Kurdestan (that I already seen a part), in Van (no other foreigners Tourrist, just Iranian as always). Then take buses and Taxi to crose really easily the border.

The Iraki Kurdistan is a autonomeus region in Irak, and is happy to welcome us with a free visa for 10 days (apparently easily reconductible).

We only visited the 3 bigger cities : first Dohuk, were we enjoyed the famous Kurdish hospitality, hosted by a familly ; then Erbil, the capital of Autonomus Kurdistan ; and Finally Sultemanieh, the more western and modern city in Kurdistan.

After this journey, I'd like to compare Iraki Kurdistan to other middle east countries.
But I have no time now (internet caffe close earl here), so I let you with this little map quickly draw in my book the night before our departure... You can see Dohuk an Irbil. No Sultemanieh witch is in the south east, I didn't planned to visite it, thinking there were just one border open between Iraki Kurdistan and Iran : the road I draw...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire